Monday, January 08, 2007

Website's Done!

Half a day after my original deadline, the website's done. It's www.CrackingTheSimonCode.org . If you haven't visited, please do. (No, Mr. Sceptic, there are no ads. This is not a commercial venture.)

The Annotations really showed me the structure of these tracks. Collecting the blogs and crackings in one place showed me how much I'd learned. The 3-part cracking of "Everything About It Is a Love Song" shows how the idea developed. The second crack didn't contradict the first, but it made it much narrower and more focused. The third part did contradict some details in the second, but mostly it just carried the idea further.

I'm pleased with the result. One correspondent called it an obsession. Guilty as charged. I guess I could have let the idea lie and spent my time on projects with a certain amount of financial potential, but I'm glad I did it. Do let me know what you think.

Don't overlook the "Reviews" page. It pulls all the reviews from the first four pages of a Google search. 27 Yay and 4 Boo. Staggering how little they knew. Exactly two noticed that they weren't listening to verse/chorus songs. None noticed the boldface in the lyrics.

Well, back to my other life. I think I know what I'm going to say on the question of whether these tracks are correctly called songs. "Maybe and maybe and maybe some more" is one answer. I've got another.

No comments: